HeartCode® ACLS is an official, self-directed, comprehensive eLearning program from the American Heart Association (AHA).
HeartCode® ACLS uses eSimulation technology to present realistic patient scenarios. Students are presented with a team dynamics lesson, 10 ACLS hospital-based case scenarios, and a written exam. While interacting with the program, students assess each patient, formulate a treatment plan based on ACLS guidelines, and provide treatment. Successful completion of Part 1, the cognitive component, and Parts 2 and 3, skills practice and testing with an AHAACLS Instructor or a voice-assisted manikin (VAM) system, meets the requirements for obtaining an AHA ACLS Provider course completion card.
At the conclusion, participants should be able to:
1. Recognize and initiate early management of periarrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
2. Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating automated external defibrillator (AED) use
3. Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
4. Recognize and manage cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post– cardiac arrest care
5. Recognize and initiate early management of acute coronary syndromes, including appropriate disposition
6. Recognize and initiate early management of stroke, including appropriate disposition
7. Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
This course offers continuing education credits for physicians (ACCME/AMA), nurses (ANCC), pharmacists (ACPE), and EMS Practitioners (CECBEMS).
Cancellations and Refunds: Refunds: Online Courses are Non-Refundable. When payment is complete you will receive an email confirmation.* PLEASE BE AWARE PAYMENTS MAY TAKE UP TO 24 HOURS TO PROCESS* Open the email for instructions to start your online course.Once we send out your Email confirmation the online key cannot be regenerated. You have 2 months to complete the online course. If you do not show up or are late for a class you have 2 months to re-take another course or Skills Session at no extra cost. Please give us notice if you plan on re-scheduling so that we can reserve you a seat. Thank you.